08 March 2011

my favorite climb

As many of my friends and family know, I love to go hiking in climbing in the mountains.  One of my favorite climbs of all time is Maroon Bells.  The Bells are actually two peaks in Colorado in the Elk Range of the Rockies.  North Maroon stands at 14,014 feet in elevation, and Maroon Peak stands at 14,156 feet.  From the Trailhead you start at Maroon Lake, and to the top of the peak it is a 12 mile hike with a gain of 4,800 feet.  The rocks are unstable with frequent slides, and the exposure is intense.  Many climbers come to the Bells, and many have lost their lives, but the beauty of the mountain and the challenge of reaching the top keeps bringing climbers everyday.  I wanted to share some of my photos from the trip, and I am also going to show other peoples pictures from the web as well.



 





No comments: