28 February 2011

Handies Peak

Hello everyone,
      I was scanning through 14ers.com when I came across a forum that said "Handies needs hikers."  This sparked a little bit of interest to me because Handies Peak was the first 14er that I had ever climbed.  The mountain sits at 14,048 feet in between the Uncompahgre and Weminuche Wilderness Areas.  The mountain sits on 71,800 acres of roadless wilderness.  It is magnificent.  Now the OHV, or Off-Highway Vehicles, are threatening the beautiful landscape, and thankfully there are people such as the Colorado Environmental Coalition that are fighting to save it.  I decided after reading the article that I would share my photos once more of my trip up Handies Peak in 2009, enjoy.  










1 comment:

Krisalis said...

Beautiful pictures! :-)